10 gallon ADF tank

Lcc86

Fish Addict
Reaction score
My ADF's were my sole survivors from my ammonia/pH disaster in my 30 gallon. I popped them into my QT tank but I don't really "like" that tank so I decided to buy them a new home. I ended up with a supafish scaper, as you can see it comes with fancy under-lighting (had no idea it had that when I picked it up but quite like it).

I used new coarse sand as I was still finding some of those dastardly root tab ball things in the sand from my old tank so I just threw it all away, but reused all the plants, distributing them between this tank and my betta tank. I've forgotten what half of the plants are if I'm honest. Since these pics were taken I've removed and replaced all the elodea as it was looking a bit sorry for itself. I've also had to trim the red tiger lotus right back as the long stems are just too much for this tank. It's a shame as that was one of my favourite plants in the old tank but hopefully I can still grow shorter stems in this one. A couple of the plants are going through a bit of a melt since moving tanks but nothing major.

The frogs are a bit braver in here and come out to say hi more. Or perhaps it's just that they are easier to spot in a smaller tank... I'm also waiting for a lightning nerite snail, I did think about adding some shrimp as I'd recently added shrimp to the 30 gallon and they'd started to breed before things went wrong, but I worried about potentially getting overrun by the little things as the ADF's aren't great at hunting, as anyone who keeps them knows!

I kept my filter from the 30 gallon and haven't set up the internal filter that comes with the tank, I think long-term I do need to do so, or buy a less powerful version of the current filter and swap the sponges over as this one is rated for 200 litres. I've added a little tube to the outlet so I can point the flow directly into a corner for now, so there's minimal surface agitation.

They don't have names, but I can tell them apart so any name ideas would be welcome! Im not 100% sure but I think I may have two females and a male as one is visibly smaller, but I admit I find it hard to sex them.

Attachments

• 20240813_074718.jpg
    20240813_074718.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240813_185843.jpg
    20240813_185843.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240813_185809.jpg
    20240813_185809.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240813_185806.jpg
    20240813_185806.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240813_185803.jpg
    20240813_185803.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 15
My ADF's were my sole survivors from my ammonia/pH disaster in my 30 gallon. I popped them into my QT tank but I don't really "like" that tank so I decided to buy them a new home. I ended up with a supafish scaper, as you can see it comes with fancy under-lighting (had no idea it had that when I picked it up but quite like it).

I used new coarse sand as I was still finding some of those dastardly root tab ball things in the sand from my old tank so I just threw it all away, but reused all the plants, distributing them between this tank and my betta tank. I've forgotten what half of the plants are if I'm honest. Since these pics were taken I've removed and replaced all the elodea as it was looking a bit sorry for itself. I've also had to trim the red tiger lotus right back as the long stems are just too much for this tank. It's a shame as that was one of my favourite plants in the old tank but hopefully I can still grow shorter stems in this one. A couple of the plants are going through a bit of a melt since moving tanks but nothing major.

The frogs are a bit braver in here and come out to say hi more. Or perhaps it's just that they are easier to spot in a smaller tank... I'm also waiting for a lightning nerite snail, I did think about adding some shrimp as I'd recently added shrimp to the 30 gallon and they'd started to breed before things went wrong, but I worried about potentially getting overrun by the little things as the ADF's aren't great at hunting, as anyone who keeps them knows!

I kept my filter from the 30 gallon and haven't set up the internal filter that comes with the tank, I think long-term I do need to do so, or buy a less powerful version of the current filter and swap the sponges over as this one is rated for 200 litres. I've added a little tube to the outlet so I can point the flow directly into a corner for now, so there's minimal surface agitation.

They don't have names, but I can tell them apart so any name ideas would be welcome! Im not 100% sure but I think I may have two females and a male as one is visibly smaller, but I admit I find it hard to sex them.

I love the purple underlighting!

I love the purple underlighting!
Yeah it comes with a choice of loads of different colours, I like purple and blue so went with that. I've checked and the light doesn't reflect into the tank at all otherwise I wouldn't keep it on.

Yeah it comes with a choice of loads of different colours, I like purple and blue so went with that. I've checked and the light doesn't reflect into the tank at all otherwise I wouldn't keep it on.

Yeah it looks as though the light is blocked by the substrate so that’s good. Are the frogs settling in ok?

Yeah it looks as though the light is blocked by the substrate so that’s good. Are the frogs settling in ok?
Yeah they are often out and about at the front, as soon as they notice me they stand up on their back legs looking for food :D

Most reactions

Back