1.8 gallon/7 litre fish tank ideas?

Cuteeefisheeees

Reaction score
Hiii everyone I was just wondering what I should do with a 7 litre acrylic fish tank that was just lying around, it has a filter a blue/white light and a heater set to 82 degrees Fahrenheit but I also have a spare adjustable one and I was wondering if I could make it into a RCS tank as I’ve heard that its and ok size for them but if anyone else has any other stocking ideas(NOT FISH) it would be much appreciated or any other ideas with what to do with the tank. I will also upload a pic of the tank.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I think a lot of the nano fish are still too much for this as they need space to dart about. To be honest, I would say snails or a couple shrimps at most. I certainly wouldn’t put a Betta in there. My Betta has a 30L for himself and by some internet posts I’ve seen, even that is slightly too small.
Edit: my apologies, I didn’t read the no fish bit.

There is no fish that can humanly be kept in a tank that small... not even a betta fish.

Have you considered a shrimp or snail only tank? Those can be cool, especially if it' heavily planted.

Oh, didn’t catch that.

Ehh... that’s a tough one. I personally wouldn’t, just seeing how much mine swim around and explore.

If the OP really wants to, I suggest 5 RCS minimum.

I would put some snails in there, maybe a few cherry shrimp. I think it would look incredible if it were just really heavily planted with a nice piece of driftwood, and then one or two colorful nerite snails.

Hmm, tricky one as these micro tanks are not much good for livestock truth be known.

You could try a few RCS and a single snail like a ramshorn snail or a little horned nerite snail, something like that, as that’s about it

I agree with ditching the internal filter and go with a simple sponge filter with air pump or even a cheap little hang on back filter and adjust or modify the lid to accommodate this to give you a little more room inside the tank for the shrimps.

But you could make it into a real nice little densely planted tank with a nice piece of wood or rock.

Shrimps would love that!

And am glad you’re already aware no fish can be kept in this micro tank, in fact it might me called pico tank, can’t remember. Remember with in such a small tank, you have to be extra observant in terms of keeping an eye on water parameters as there is very little margin for errors or fluctuations in water quality with a small amount of water.

Anyhow do keep doing a bit of reeearch and see if there are any shrimps you’d like to try, does not HAVE to be RCS, could be a couple of amano shrimps but tank is a bit on small side for them depending on your water hardness, if you have soft water then Crystal Shrimps might be an idea to do some research on.

Here are a couple of pics of my nano tanks for inspiration.

Each half moon tank was only 20 litres and stocked with only RCS and one amano shrimp, ramshorns and MTS with some nice plants and bogwood.

890935B3-766A-4886-A2CD-2FC21B54D3CE.jpeg
262792EA-B832-43B2-AB1C-A2DC1A7ABA13.jpeg
8FE757B0-9991-4786-BBD0-7A13FF23A6CE.jpeg

Hmm, tricky one as these micro tanks are not much good for livestock truth be known.

You could try a few RCS and a single snail like a ramshorn snail or a little horned nerite snail, something like that, as that’s about it

I agree with ditching the internal filter and go with a simple sponge filter with air pump or even a cheap little hang on back filter and adjust or modify the lid to accommodate this to give you a little more room inside the tank for the shrimps.

But you could make it into a real nice little densely planted tank with a nice piece of wood or rock.

Shrimps would love that!

And am glad you’re already aware no fish can be kept in this micro tank, in fact it might me called pico tank, can’t remember. Remember with in such a small tank, you have to be extra observant in terms of keeping an eye on water parameters as there is very little margin for errors or fluctuations in water quality with a small amount of water.

Anyhow do keep doing a bit of reeearch and see if there are any shrimps you’d like to try, does not HAVE to be RCS, could be a couple of amano shrimps but tank is a bit on small side for them depending on your water hardness, if you have soft water then Crystal Shrimps might be an idea to do some research on.

Here are a couple of pics of my nano tanks for inspiration.

Each half moon tank was only 20 litres and stocked with only RCS and one amano shrimp, ramshorns and MTS with some nice plants and bogwood.

View attachment 115502View attachment 115503View attachment 115504
Gorgeous nano tanks!

Most reactions

Back