White Pleco's ?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NottsFishy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Is there any white plecs out there that arent albino's ?

I know zebra plecs, king tiger plecs and queen aberesque plecs have white on them with dark markings but was wondering if there was any that were entirely white ? :unsure:

Am asking as i am thinking of doing something soon :shifty:

Cheers :good:

as far as i know there isnt a pure white only plec but some stunning black and whites tho :)

jen

As a natural colour, a white fish is at a severe disadvantage, because he is going to be quickly eaten by predators, unless he blends in with the natural environment.

Many of the most attractive Pleco have white markings on a black body, but this is L236, and it has the reverse.
Black markings on a white body:
L236.jpg

What a fantastic looking fish..... :rolleyes:

As a natural colour, a white fish is at a severe disadvantage, because he is going to be quickly eaten by predators, unless he blends in with the natural environment.

Many of the most attractive Pleco have white markings on a black body, but this is L236, and it has the reverse.
Black markings on a white body:
L236.jpg

What a fantastic looking fish..... :rolleyes:

how do u know this lol mite all be white bodies with black markings for all anybody knows :p lol

so wot would a zebra ( not the plec ) be then :p

mite all be white bodies with black markings for all anybody knows :p lol

Yes it is black markings on a white body on L236, that was my point entirely....LOL
Different from, lets say, L134 or L260 which have white markings on a black body..... :rolleyes:

mite all be white bodies with black markings for all anybody knows :p lol

Yes it is black markings on a white body on L236, that was my point entirely....LOL
Different from, lets say, L134 or L260 which have white markings on a black body..... :rolleyes:

no thats not wot i was saying LOL hmmmm.... now ill say it slower lol i said how do u know that the plecs u stated other than a 236 has a black body with white markings wot gives u this idea lol couldnt it be a white body with very heavy black markings for all u know dunno where ur baseing this info that the 236 has white body ..black markings and somethink like a 260 has a black body with white marking lol how do u know this.

so as 2 ur last comment ur point isnt valid

and as i said above how would u describe an actuall zebra refeering 2 that comment ????

Cheers guys and gals for all the info :good:

Might have to save up and get a L236 as that has quite caught my eye now lol :drool: :hyper:
How much do they usually go for though ? :unsure:

Might have to save up and get a L236 as that has quite caught my eye now lol :drool: :hyper:

if u can find 1 would say probably abythink from £100 upwards

you wont find one, very very very few have ever been exported (not even talking hundreds here over the entirety of its collection), IF you were to find a real 236, you would be paying a lot of money for them

HOW MUCH !!!! :crazy: :blink: lol

It now hasnt caught my eye anymore lol
Reckon it will have to be a queen aberesque or a king tiger plec then instead :lol:

Cheers for youre help :good:

Most reactions

Back