Reccomended reading

Duncan

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's my collection of books so far:

An Interpet Guide to Aquarium Plants (Barry James)
A-Z Tropical Fish Diseases and Health Problems (Burgess, Bailey and Exell)
The Encyclopedia of Aquarium Fish (Dick Mills)
The Interpet Q&A manual of The Tropical Freshwater Aquarium (Gina Sandford)

The 1st three I got from Amazon and I'm slightly disappointed with the encyclopedia, it's not got enough info on fish that I would have liked. The 4th book I got from a local petshop (I got that one first).

What I'm looking for is a good encyclopedia on tropical fish that gives good information about fish: their habits, behaviour and breeding rituals and the such like.

Reccomendations most welcome :D

Duncan

Try the Baensch Aquarium Atlas books. There are 3 volumes at the moment printed in English, plus a photo index covering volumes 1-5. These books give all the info you need and they are accurate not like some American Atlas's. They are also available in paperback making them a bit cheaper. I can give you ISBN numbers if you want. :) Mac.

Is that the one for £75 for the 3 volumes(hardback)? if it is it's the best I've seen. never got round to buying a copy though as the local library has it.

Yep, available in hardback from Animal House for the princely sum of £69.99 for the 3 volumes. I picked up them in softback for about £35 at various places and the picture index from a shop in Elgin for £8. ( They didn't know the price but took my offer!). :laugh: Mac.

Duncan. Another good book is Tropical Fishlopedia by Mary Bailey @ about £9. No fish as such but covers all aspects of fishkeeping. :D Mac.

Yes I sit next to my library too :)

If you want books and buy from Amazon.co.uk, click on any amazon link on the main site and the site will automatcially get 5% of any pruchase or 20% for books :D Be nice and line my pocket :p I promise all money made on the site will go back into the site. It costs me a fortune even on free webspace :)

Yeah I'm still waiting to be paid for all that writting. :laugh:
I suppose my fish is in the post. ;)

Most reactions

Back