New betta tank

Something has been vexing me and I think I figured it out. This tank is in the living room. And sometimes people in the house stay up late. So I've been trying to think of a way to cover the tank at night to there's a period of darkness for the fish to rest. Throwing a towel or blanket over the whole thing doesn't seem like a good idea. I was actually pondering something like cutting out part of a refridgerator box to place over the tank and stand at night. Or making a similarly sized foldable hood for that purpose.
Then a much simpler solution hit me. I put black posterboard on as a black background. I could do the same for the sides. And then I could attach some mini clothespin like clips to the top of the tank and use them to clip a piece of blackout curtain over most of the top and front.
I recommend using black or whatever color acrylic paint and painting all the sides you want covered. What is nice about acrylic paint is that it is water-based, non-toxic, and can be removed easily in the future. You can use the black cardboard cover for the front at night.

Most reactions

Back