My aquariums

Updated image of my discus aquarium; you can see the plant growth if you scroll back and find the older picture. Oddly plants are growing as if i'm injecting co2 (which i'm not); i wonder if the higher heat is having some unexpected impact. Temp was 84 but i've lowered it to around 82 which the discus are now tolerating without obvious ill-effect. Lowered it about a month ago:

dd1.jpg

And this critter decided to take a nap in my backyard. Not sure why guess she was enjoying the warm sun.

d2.jpg

August Tank of the Month is for 31 gallon and larger tank…hint…..hint
Fish of the Month resumes in mid June

this one which is 30x48x16 (who knows how many gallons that is)

80UK / 67US, full to the brim. Subtract the decor and the gap at the top.

Not sure why you think none of your tanks are nice. I think your being a little hard on yourself.

He has Mytankslookrubbish Syndrome. I have it. Whenever I decorate a tank I'm never happy with it. I could take all the decor out and let You just literally dump it all back in, and I would think it looked a lot better.

Beautiful tanks!! But... the maintenance would take a lot of my retired time and $$$. Congratulations, I only wish.

Beautiful tanks!! But... the maintenance would take a lot of my retired time and $$$. Congratulations, I only wish.
other than the cost of electricity and water cost isn't that bad. Time is relative. It takes less than i have but sometime i have to make decisions...

August Tank of the Month is for 31 gallon and larger tank…hint…..hint
Fish of the Month resumes in mid June
What size gallon does the deer qualify for ? I never could judge very well how many gallons represents a deer.

I find the cost of the fish, far exceeds the cost of maintaining a tank... especially since I can't buy locally so you can add a $100.00 bill to what ever group of fish I buy, each time...

I find the cost of the fish, far exceeds the cost of maintaining a tank... especially since I can't buy locally so you can add a $100.00 bill to what ever group of fish I buy, each time...
Well shipping should be $49 if you use a place like wetspot or $12 for aquahuna. There is really only one place i use regularly who charges more than $49 for overnight shipping and they are a small dealer. Anyway at least for now wetspot is highly reputable and you can set a watch on the fish you want to get email notiifcation when it is in stock. I say 'for now' because over time things change sometime for the better and sometime for the worse.

I just read the thread from post one, all the way through. I love what you're doing with those tanks, and it's a great read with great tanks to look at. It's a brilliant set up.
Keyholes. They are such gentle fish, and good fish watching. If you ever have space and see Guianacara spp, consider them. They are similar looking, but take all the attributes of a keyhole and notch them up. They're actually Geophagines, and are a complex of species that are hard to tell apart. It's best if you know their origin to figure them out. I had one which bred, and was one of the most interesting Cichlids I've ever watched. Another species was territorial to the point of impossibility - really aggressive. The first had been more alert than keyholes, but not especially aggressive. So that is their drawback, but if you have space and encounter one of the more easy going ones, they are really something. No keyhole fan should avoid them.

A person could spend hours going from tank to tank in your set up.

Most reactions

Back