Giant betta question

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I think a local fish shop in Canning Vale is the only one in Perth that houses and sell giant bettas. Is 20 gallons enough for a single male giant betta because of the size he grows at (3-7 inches)? I like them because they are usually more gentle than normal splendens bettas.

You you reasearch Giant Betta care online. I did a search and found out that they need a 10 gallon tank at the minimum. A larger tank would be ok too. They prefer a shallow tank.

Latin names are a lot less confusing. Which Giant Betta are you thinking of?

Some shops sell Betta anabatoides as giant bettas but many also sell extra large specimens of Betta splendens under this name.

I've seen a handful of the "big boys" so far at stores, and WOW they are a LOT bigger than the standard bettas. I've been told they tend to be more docile?

I've seen a handful of the "big boys" so far at stores, and WOW they are a LOT bigger than the standard bettas. I've been told they tend to be more docile?
Depends on the species. B. anabatoides is less aggressive than B. splendens, but nearly all Giant Bettas you’re likely to see in stores are just large B. ‘splendens’ (the domestic version, which is a hybrid) and just as aggressive.

Don't waste your money on them unless you know the species, and if they are Betta splendens, don't bother with them. Just another man made monstrosity marketed at people who want to buy something different.

Who cares? They are a living thing, and there's nothing wrong with giving it them a nice home.

Most reactions

Back