Emersed growing

connorlindeman27 27

Plantman
Fish of the Month 🌟
5x Tank of the Month 🏆
Supporting Member ⭐
📋 Contest Moderator
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Messages
5,314
Reaction score
6,451
Points
113
Location
37.2431° N, 115.7930° W
I've got an empty 20 long that I want to set up for holding emersed grown swords and crypts. Whats the best way to keep those in good condition?
 
Treat them like a garden plant. Water and liquid plant fertiliser and some light and let them grow.
 
Treat them like a garden plant. Water and liquid plant fertiliser and some light and let them grow.
Do I need high humidity? I've heard some say that the substrate should be very wet, almost like mud.
 
The big lines are.

Require pretty high humidity 70%-90%, a well draining substrate mixture of sphagnum moss, perlite, and orchid bark. Kept moist but not soggy. Good air circulation, regular fertilization. Full spectrum moderate to high light intensity from 12 to 16 hours a day.
 
I had mine in garden pots with potting mix sitting outside on a concrete slab in full sun.

It depends on how they are grown before you get them. If they were in a humid dome then have a higher humidity. But you should be able to wean them out of that so they can sit outside in full sun.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top