Do you guys not like tank backgrounds???

Are you looking for a black background???

Yeah, I'm being picky for sure for my 55 gallon. I had this self-adhesive one and really liked it but it just didn't stick right because of the tight space to try and install it. Amazon
Might just get it again and try to pin it up instead of stick it on the back, that way if I find another one I like I can do the same and switch out when I want.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I painted the back of a 10 gallon tank with flat black latex paint.

I tend to use flat black. A key reason is it doesn't interfere with fish photos - you don't want anything that throws a flash back at you. I also don't like a busy background.
I recently bought a used 20 gallon, and somewhere along the line someone had gotten artsy and used sand on the outside back. With water and fish, you barely see that though. It was a creative project to stick it on, but it didn't really work well. When the tank is empty, there's a wow factor. Fill it and add plants, and it's gone.
If I were a visual artist, I could go wild on tank backgrounds. But I can look at the most beautifully scaped tank in the world, and my eyes will still go to the fish, and how their needs are met.

BTW…. I’ve found these to be pretty handy at attaching plastic and paper backgrounds…

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back