Today's a new day.

Yes tetras like a bigger tank but considering you are stuck with 2 tanks, I would put the tetras in the bigger of the two so they have more room to swim. It's not ideal but it gives them twice the length they currently have. In the future if you get a bigger tank, then you can move them into that.
Unfortunately I'll let them stay in the tall tank because I'm placing a betta in the long tank and nothing else. Sometimes it's the best way to do it due to a change in the betta project. But it will happen in a larger tank in the future. I should've got them a larger tank than the 10 gallon I have currently, but made a mistake and went on with it.

It's Wednesday. The tetras are doing fine at the moment. I might do a water change this Saturday. Just waiting until the weekend for the new 45L long betta aquarium project to begin. I'm not at school for the rest of the week.

Why aren't you at school for the rest of the week?

Kids get to have a lot of time off school nowadays. When I was a boy (LOL I love saying that), we had 3 terms and 1 week holiday between terms. We had 6 weeks holidays over Xmas and New Year. The rest of the time we were chasing dinosaurs and doing school work.

Why aren't you at school for the rest of the week?

Kids get to have a lot of time off school nowadays. When I was a boy (LOL I love saying that), we had 3 terms and 1 week holiday between terms. We had 6 weeks holidays over Xmas and New Year. The rest of the time we were chasing dinosaurs and doing school work.
Can't tell you why, sorry. Another change of plans. Due to the long tank having a gap in the lid on the back side, and that a betta can jump from here, the tank wasn't a suitable choice for them. The only plan is to do it in the current 10 gallon, move the remaining cardinals into the 45cm cube 91L aquarium, sell the silvertips and put the betta into the 41L tall aquarium. Even though it's not wide enough for the betta to swim, it should do for the long term.

Last edited:
Put some Gladwrap over the end where it can jump out. If you want something more permanent than Gladwrap, buy some clear Perspex from Bunnings and cut that to fit or buy some clear builders plastic (it's thicker than other plastic film) and tape that in place.

Put some Gladwrap over the end where it can jump out. If you want something more permanent than Gladwrap, buy some clear Perspex from Bunnings and cut that to fit or buy some clear builders plastic (it's thicker than other plastic film) and tape that in place.
Could do, but decided not to get the 45L long aquarium. The current tank (30 x 30 x 45cm, 41L) I have is a good size for the betta, but has the tetras in it currently.

Most reactions

Back