Having a bit of trouble...

If any more fish start to show the same symptoms, take them to a fish vet and get them necropsied (animal autopsy). Get the vet to send cultures off to a lab and find out what it is. It could be something minor and easy to treat or something horrible like Fish TB. Until you find out what it is, I wouldn't add any more fish.
Thanks Colin Iā€™ve tried to find fish vets in the past and there is no one any where near me that is interested

I would be wary of using dechlorinators with water changes and not waiting 48 hours before dosing with medicines. Some dechlorinators react with the medicines.

From their FAQs:

Question:
Can I use water conditioners with eSHa products and how am I supposed to provide my fish with safe water without them?

Ans:
Tap water conditioner / chlorine / heavy metal & slime coat protection generally do not interfere much with eSHa products.

However, these products contain chemicals which are designed to attack, bind or coat other molecules. When your tap water is clean or if you overdose the tap safe, these chemicals build up and eagerly wait to react and then can reduce or even neutralize eSHa products.

Thanks Colin Iā€™ve tried to find fish vets in the past and there is no one any where near me that is interested
If you have a department of agriculture in your town, they usually have a fish health section and can do necropsies. If not there should be a department of agriculture in the country and they might know of a fish vet that can do the job. The other option is a college or high school biology lab. Sometimes the teachers can do it or know someone who can.

Most reactions

Back